Saturday, October 25, 2014

Quote Me

I love Pinterest. I particularly like all the inspirational quotes, as cheesy as it may sound, they really make me feel better. So I want to share some of my favorites with you, in no particular order.

I only ever want to be amused

I don't usually do "stupid things" but every so often it can't hurt. Now, I'm not saying go out and rob a bank, but staying out late on a work night to flirt with a cute stranger- go for it. You'll be tired tomorrow, but as long as you don't do it often enough to effect your work, no harm done. When you are 95 having tea at the Plaza with your girlfriends it will give you something to smile about.


This has been one of my favorites for along time. It's from "The Little Princess" and I always liked the way it was presented. Sarah Crew, the main character, had gone from being rich and loved to poor and living alone in an attic, yet she refused to believe she was any less a princess. We should all be like that- no matter what happens don't forget what we deserve- we deserve to be treated like princesses.


Sometimes you just know it's going to be a big day. So on those big days really go for it! Dress up! Go out! Drink Champagne! And just take hold of life and live it! And one day, when you're not feeling it, do it anyway. It will feel great! 


"Gone With the Wind" is my movie, always has been, always will be. Rhett is just a dream boat and I think there is a lot to be learned from this quote. Go out and kiss some people, often. And when you find one who knows how, kiss them even more often! No reason to sulk around, you're lovely, get out there.


Don't worry too much about what others think. Do what makes you happy! If you fall asleep with a smile about some trouble you go into that night- good. If you wake up the next morning- smile again, then carry on with your day. If people don't like it, find new people. 


This damsel in distress thing has gone on too long. We are strong, independent, educated women. Don't worry about being small and quite and delicate. Take up space, let people know you are there, take credit for what you are good at, show off a little.


I am sensing a bit of a theme here. This is just a great quote, I have an urge to paint this on my bedroom wall.


I am so guilty of this. I often leave the house in sweats. Maybe thats why I have yet to meet a dashing stranger? But I like the point they are making. If you look your best you wouldn't mind ether of those things happening. Looking good is the best revenge. 


A lot of the things we are doing on this trip are in the "couples" category. But they are really fun! Should we not do them because we are not a couple? No! Go out there and have fun! Don't be afraid. I'd rather do fun activities alone then sit home and be bored with a boyfriend.


Oscar has a famous quote or two, but I like this one. You need to be you, not you and. You are not half of a whole, you are whole all on your own. Enjoy that! Soak in your own goodness!


I am never the last one to leave a party. I usually Irish exit 3/4ths of the way through the night. But sometimes, you should stick around. When everyone else has faded away you might have a great conversation. The world needs more great conversations. 

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment