Saturday, August 9, 2014

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens... 

One of the Von Trapp houses used in the Sound of Music. 


It was really hard for Meg and I to keep our singing under control while we were in Salzburg. We were only there for one night and we sang every Sound of music song at least 100 times. We even went on a Sound of Music bicycle tour, which just exacerbated the issue. I got a booklet from our tour guide with all the lyrics to every Sound of Music song. I'm working on memorizing all of them word for word. Just kidding... Sort of... I'm almost done...


I was Maria von Trapp and Meg was Gretl.




Taking pictures while bicycling was seriously difficult. Thank God I didn't crash, or kill my camera. However, it also means I did not take as many pictures as usual, so this'll be a quick post, I promise!


They city of Salzburg is a beautiful place.

The other Von Trapp house used in the Movie. Now they use it as a dormitory for students who attend Mozart's School of Music.






The theater from the movie where the Von Trapp family performs before they make their escape. 








Meg posing in front of the Abbey that was used in the movie. 

The fountain that Fräulein Maria splashes around in.












Modern sculpture of Mozart, not such a fan... 

Looks like the poop emoji 💩

The gazebo used in the 16 going on 17 scene.



The next few pictures are the gardens that were also shown in the movie.







That will bring us back too... The end of the bike tour. 



So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu!


The perfect ending to a magical day! 

Next stop, Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment