Thursday, July 31, 2014

Alona In Verona

Verona is the setting of Romeo and Juliet, one of my favorite plays (because it proves, once again, love isn't real and if you think it is you deserve to die.) 






Verona was a bit of an afterthought as far a booking this trip went. We were trying to make a bit of a loop and end up back in Cannes, so Verona was in the right spot in our path. It turned into such an unexpected pleasure. We stayed at an AirBnB and they had bikes we could use. You may see a theme developing, I find bikes highly amusing, they also have the added bonus of saving you the bus fare. 

Loving those banana handles
Hey Nicki
I almost crashed into the wall

Elaborate tombs
World Cup
Orange Drink, it's gross
Next level Mac&Cheese
Town center


Market
How could we not?
We rode our bikes into town and just got lost. We wandered around downtown, visited Juliet, and watched the world cup game. I would guess Americans riding bikes in Italy is the number one cause of death, I estimate I almost died no less than a million times.

So as not to neglect the local culture I scalped a ticket to an Opera being performed in the local Colosseum, one of the oldest ones still in use. The Opera was great, the cast was about 100 people, and the venue was spectacular. 


Carmen was the opera
All ready




Good night!
Sitting on the stone benches is very painful, but a truly fulfilling and unique experience. Though, I would have preferred if someone had been ripped apart by a lion, but we can't always get what we want.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment