Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pretty in Pink and Petrified


Pre-Quitting--
Tomorrow afternoon is the appointed time to tell my work that I'm leaving. I am giving them two and a half weeks notice because I think two weeks can't possibly be enough time to replace someone as valuable as me. I wholeheartedly expect them to offer to double my salary to keep me. 



So, how exactly is this going to go? I think it is going to be something like a break-up. In a very "it's not you, it's me" sort of way. My plan is the blame the whole thing on Nicki, tell them she planned this whole trip then invited me and I JUST decided to go along.When in doubt- always throw the shade on someone else, also wear a headband, people in headbands are super innocent
I have never quit a job before, so tomorrow is going to be a really traumatic day for me. I should probably go ahead and order myself a quitting present now, because, you know, I deserve it.

I will be sure to update the post tomorrow afternoon and let you know how it went. 

About to go Quit-- Does quitting your job to pursue your dreams make you an idiot or a hero, lets find out. (Clearly when I posted that I was having a Fitzgerald level meltdown, but it's super deep. I think I'll turn it into an artful hand written poster quote. )   

Post- Quitting--

That went shockingly well. My boss was so nice about it. He was a little shocked but just said "Ok" and that he would let me know the next steps after he tells our owner. (I did see him wipe away an artful tear, which I appreciated)

There was a point where I thought I was having a heart attack, but from what I have read that's perfectly normal. Thank god that's over! I have never been that nervous. Now I know how Juno felt telling her parents she was having a baby, minus the whole life ruining baby part. 

I left work and went straight to my cousins front porch to have a margarita to celebrate. We all know how the rest of a night goes when you start drinking tequila at 3pm. Draw your own conclusions of how the night ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment