Sunday, April 13, 2014

Two Girls, One Trip


Meg and I are the funniest people you will ever meet.  Well maybe not, but we like to think so… But we can make each other laugh. And really what would be the point of traveling with someone who can’t make you laugh? How boring would that be? Seriously.


Meg and I are always down for a good time... These festive holiday pics are from one of my family's New Years Eve parties.




Let me introduce myself:

I’m Nicki, half Irish and half Hungarian, aspiring world traveler, amateur photographer (again not really, but instagram helps me take some really classy photos) and ex-vegetarian. Well right now I'm technically a pescatarian, but I'm giving all that up for our trip.  I want to experience all the World has to offer without any restrictions. 

I have loved traveling for as long as I can remember.  I’ve always wanted to do something with travel but don’t really know what.  I was originally on the International Studies plan at college, but the World Politics got me, and I ended up an Art History major.  I think Meg and I cemented our future of becoming endless wanders while on our trip to the motherland.  By the time we went to Ireland I had already been to Hungary twice. I begged my parents to let me go to Ireland. My father ultimately caved, he wanted me to be able to see where his family came from. Like my trips to my other motherland, Hungary, our trip to Ireland was unforgettable. If you follow us on instagram @PassportsandPommeFrites you can see the nifty flipagram video I created with some of my pictures from our Ireland trip. 

Meg on Ireland Cliffside
This pic of Meg makes me laugh every time... 

I’ve been lucky enough to be able to travel a good amount, but it just never feels like enough.  There is always somewhere else I want to go and something else I want to see.  So when Meg asked me to come on this adventure with her I jumped at the chance. Who wouldn’t want to travel around the world?!?  My parents (mother) are not pleased, seeing as I’ll be out of a job again, and it was so hard to get a job in the first place.  But I’m not worried, I’ll think about it if I ever come back… haha just kidding… I’m probably going to run out of funds a lot faster than I am budgeting for… But that’s what credit cards are for, right?
  
Nicki in Antigua - Curtain Bluff Resort
A friend of my cousin’s took this pic while the three of us were celebrating our College graduation with a trip to Antigua (generously funded by our parents). The closing of the eyes and smiling was unintentional. I was trying to look pensive, but I’m clearly not a model… 
I promise to take many candid pics of Meg and I along the way! With my new fancy cam and trusty old iphone in hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment