Sunday, January 11, 2015

Easy-Bake Oven

Everybody knows Sundays are for lounging around and doing nothing. However, today there happened to be nothing good on TV.  I needed something to occupy myself, mainly so I could avoid helping my mother take down Christmas decorations. If there is anything that could come close to my love for traveling, it's baking.      
So I picked the easiest recipe I could think of... Banana Bread.  

I set out all my ingredients. 
Pulled out my mom's semi-legible recipe, and got down to business. 
The first thing you need to do is peel your 3 over-ripe bananas and mash 'em up. I used a standing mixer because it's Sunday and I'm lazy...

Once the bananas are mashed you add all the other ingredients to the same bowl. 
2 eggs, 2 cups of flour, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup of butter (I used coconut oil instead of butter for a healthier option, plus I love the taste), 1 teaspoon baking soda and a dash of cinnamon.  
Turn on the mixer until everything is combined and VOILA you have your batter! 
I added semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 1/3 of the bag) to this particular batch for a little kick.  But if you don't want to add chocolate you can add anything you like.  Sometimes I add blueberries or nuts or just leave it as is. It's delicious no matter what! 
After you stir in the chocolate get your baking pan. 
Don't forget to grease it! 
Pour in the batter! 

And it's ready to go! 
Place it on the middle rack of your oven, which should be set to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Set your timer, I used our microwave kitchen timer because it's Sunday and I'm lazy...
The bread should be ready within an hour and 15 minutes, (time may vary on your oven).  Now all there is left to do is sit back and wait.  
While I was patiently anxiously waiting for my loaf I cleaned up the minimal mess, which is another reason why I love this recipe. Like any normal person the clean up is always my least favorite part. Thankfully this Banana bread clean up is easy peasy lemon squeezy. 
And after 75 minutes it's finally ready!! Isn't it a beaut?! I know it's a difficult task, but you should set it aside for about 10ish minutes to cool down.  Don't worry it will still be warm! 
Pour yourself a glass of milk, slice, and enjoy! 
If anyone has any tips or suggestions on making this recipe any better I'd love to hear them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment